Monday, April 17, 2006

January till April Catch Up

Well I've finally downloaded the rest of the photos off the camera since January, so here's a very quick diary of events. The only problem is that I didn't always have the camera with me.

January

Sarah and Ben have a 4 day swimming intensive at Kirsten and Tom's Swim school. Sarah learns bi-lateral breathing!




Pepa the cat gets neutered but then on Australia Day is sadly taken from us after an unfortunate mishap with the car.

February




The kids have a great start to the year with a party at Kids Church.




Elly Field and

Oliver Pocknall - looking cute.










School starts back - and it's Ben's first year.
After a few weeks they are straight into the swimming carnival.
Vanessa's face says it all.
March
Lyn and Kepu's buddle of joy Kara is dedicated - she is so cute!
And she sleeps through the whole thing
Ben gets his first guitar
We take our friends the Navarretes, McLeods and Maddens on a Wishart tradition - a walk across the harbour bridge.

April

Sarah's dance group from school performs at the Easter Outreach at Martin Place in the city - they are brilliant! (Sorry photos to come)

Northcross School had it's cross country event - Sarah and Ben have been in training doing laps around Wood Street.

That's Ben running towards the finish line - he was actually sick at the time.

They made a splendid effort on the day - it was a scorcher!

We go to the Royal Easter Show along with 10s of thousands of others.

We hold our breath while in the animal exhibitions.

Highlights of the day: Having a family outing; watching the ducklings going down the slide; the candy floss and pluto pup (hot dog on a stick); fun rides; and the show bags.

Yes Ben finishes it all!

It's great having Monday off over Easter - it's like a bonus prize. We start the day with a huge breakfast feast at Sean and Vanessa's.

And then we try to burn off the bacon with a walk from Bronte to Bondi. It was the best day for a walk and it was great to share it with our friends.


It was beautiful walking along the coastline...and then we saw Bondi not too far away. So after a quick icecream we head back again.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

It is sad, but few lines about Pepa made me smile. Poor cat!

Jenny said...

That Oliver is a cute boy!!!!

Heather said...

Yes, that Oliver is sooooo cute! Obviously my clock's wrong cos you surely can't be reading my blog at 3.17am! Bother, I think I'm hooked!

Heather said...

I think I've fixed it! We're now on Sydney time at last.

Jenny said...

Well done Heather!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

I like the photos of the walk. However, my bust in the picture of me at the Arapeta's seems to be a very odd shape! Mmmmmm. I'll put it down to the layers of clothing I had on.
Jenny